The Beginning

"It's not about getting a crown, it's about what you do with the crown."

Have you ever wanted something so badly, that was all you could think about? Have you ever worked so hard for something, you wouldn't stop-- couldn't stop working until you reached your goals? Or have you ever been filled with so much hope in your heart, that you couldn't stop smiling? Because I felt every single emotion on one Sunday afternoon.

On April 9th, 2017, my life was changed forever. 
Waiting patiently on the stage, I held my breath as they called fourth runner up. Then third. Then second. Then first. I looked around the auditorium, then froze when I heard the words. "Your Miss Teen Arkansas International 2017, Maggie Williams!" I felt my hand cover my mouth, fighting back tears as I rushed down the stage.  The utter excitement I had felt was the most overwhelming feeling I've ever experienced. I knew that was the beginning of the best year of my life. This is just the start. 

Ever since I was a bright-eyed, pigtailed little girl, I knew I wanted to change the world- I just didn't know how. After being introduced to the Arkansas International Pageants just last fall, I knew this was exactly where I needed to be. I also knew I would work hard until I reached every little ambition and hope I had. And that, is exactly what I did. I taped my onstage speech to every wall in my house, did the laundry in my Tippy Tops, I practiced my fun-fashion walk in my living room every. single. night. I was determined, and had no plans of slowing down. 

I will continue to prepare for Nationals with the very same determination and drive that I displayed while competing for state. To call it an honor, to represent Arkansas, would be an understatement. I have been so blessed to represent my home state, and I am so thankful for the wonderful support and love I have received. I cannot wait for the journey that lies ahead. 


As your Miss Teen Arkansas International, it is my goal not only to change the community I live in, but the state around me as well. I encourage you all to take positive actions, and help others. Inspire others. Lift others. Change others. 

Be The Difference You Wish to See in The World.

Proverbs 16:3
"Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established."


Maggie Williams

Miss Teen Arkansas International 2017






Comments

Popular Posts