My Purpose

On July 30, I flew from Little Rock, Arkansas to Charleston, West

Virginia for the Miss Teen International Pageant.
This was my first true "pageant experience", considering my state pageant was my first. To be honest, I was nervous. I was excited. I was ready. Upon arrival, I was one of the youngest girls off the bat. Contestants were discussing colleges, sororities, and careers. I was in awe. I loved to listen about the lives of these accomplished ladies, their future plans, and their stories. I spent the week surrounded by some of the most intellectual, kind-hearted young women in the world. 

The entire week, I continually found myself saying "I want to fulfill my purpose. I want to do what the Lord made me to do." I competed with a full heart, high hopes, and performed 110%. I can honestly say I gave it my all, and if I could go back, I wouldn't change a thing. I worked diligently for the title of Miss Teen International. Countless community service hours, thousands of dollars of fundraising, millions of keyboard letters clicking- blogging away, and many, many prayers. 
But, I found that the Lord had other plans. His will did not align with my goals. I know and trust in Him that I will fulfill my purpose. That everything will work out for the greater good. 
Everyone has their time to shine, and this time was not mine. Carly, you are one of the most intelligent young women I have ever met. I loved our early morning conversations with pins in our hair, joking about who-knows-what. You are a blessing to this system. I am so honored to have competed side by side with you, and I am beyond proud to be represented by you. 
This is your year. Shine on.

Now, this is thank you. Thank you to every single individual that helped me along this journey. Bernee, Rick, Mrs. Kim, Mrs. Julie, Allison, Ronnie, Buffie, Stephanie, Mrs. Suzy, Ashley H, Haley, Cindy, Lindsey, my mother, my father, my family, my community, the list goes on. Thank you to every single Facebook comment, like, and share. For every "good luck" and "good job". For every text, call, and email. Thank you. I am in awe of the love and support this beautiful state as shown me. I could not be more thankful.  I will proceed representing the wonderful state of Arkansas with pride, and work even harder to serve the citizens within. I will proceed serving serving the Lord with all my heart. I will go great places and do great things. All within great time.


And for me, I will continue searching for my purpose. Searching for my "why". Searching for the next puzzle piece. I will connect them all, and when I do, you may want to stand back, because



I
Will 
Shine.
Bright.

#YouGoGirl.

Comments

  1. You truly are an inspiration. I can't wait for all the pieces to come into place and watch you shine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing! I'm so very proud you! #yougogirl #shineon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts